Beneath a patch of grass Her bones the old Dutch master hid

 Ever since my friend Sadie went to Amsterdam, and Ashtomaton moved there, I have wanted to go to The Netherlands.


I am nothing if not predictable.

Obviously, mostly to go to Efteling. But since flying into Amsterdam is cheaper than flying into anywhere else in The Netherlands, I might as well look for things to do in the city I have to start in. Amsterdam is beautiful to look at in all of the photos I have seen. I have no interest in the red light district or the cafΓ©s. I did see that they have a small, but lovely zoo, the Zaanse Schans, and a few natural history museums scattered around the country.

Um, omg, LOL.

It seems simple enough!--Amsterdam flight in, 1 hour train to Rottendam, and then about another hour and a half to Efteling. Spend maybe three days there or so. Europe is very accessible via train, so after that I could either go home or go anywhere else. You can take the Eurostar from multiple places in The Netherlands and also Paris directly to London for a completely reasonable price.


This new spooky attraction looks tremendously promising!

As I have never been out of the US, I don't know if going to Amsterdam is the best idea, and especially with Covid I am sure it's a terrible idea, but I can at the very least start musing on the idea. Whilst I like looking at other places, my body certainly does not appreciate the actual act of traveling. I fly out for Anaheim tomorrow and my body has already started acting up. Also the way that the Netherlands are (is?) handling Covid is terrifying, so it might be a while until I go, for sure.

Also, I have no idea what Dutch food is like other than I know there is a lot of cheese involved and sugary variations on pancakes and waffles! Most things seemed to be fried, but I did spy a few things with vegetables in them, so I won't go south lol. I can't eat that much fried food and I have to have vegetables.  If you are someone like me with rare allergies, these are the things you need to think about!

Here I am planning imaginary trips to foreign countries when I barely checked anything off of my Summer List! Here I am planning imaginary trips to foreign countries when I barely have enough money for my Disneyland trip tomorrow *nervous laughter. 

sigh.

Comments