And the mist will wrap around us And the crystal, if you touch it
I awoke this morning at around 5:45. I woke refreshed, but still felt lazy and wanted to stay warm in bed. Sunrise is at 6:05am, so there's light coming in, but the house is still dark and quiet. 6:05 is also my first alarm. I got up with the first alarm, fed the cats, started my coffee.
The summers here are wet and damp and cold, which is just fine by me. The fog is a soft and pillowy blanket over the hills.
The steam from my coffee in my most special mug blends in with the fog.
I haven't been able to get myself to get up on time to make my egg toast before I leave, but the last couple of days I was successful at doing it (today was way more successful than yesterday, HA!) It's still not perfect and the back of the toast is a mess that looks like that one Homer Simpson meme, but at least it tastes good!
I did the rest of it, too: listen to my morning playlist on my Al3xa (I am afraid to even type her name or she's gonna respond LMAO), get dressed, do my skincare, brush my teeth, spend time with my cats, etc. Even though I got up on time and everything, I still left a minute late. I cannot help it! No matter what I do, I can't leave on the dot of the time I am supposed to.
OH, to be a CAT, though, and get to spend the day in bed!




Comments
Post a Comment