Take a deep breath and let go You're too hard on yourself to grow


  

As promised, I wanted to give this dress its own entry! I had dreamed of this dress for a long time, and it's weird that it's finally here.



I have been very inspired by the way Ashtomaton makes her own clothes all of the time. We have very similar tastes. I also really, really have LOVED all of the outfits she's worn to Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland and Disney Sea, The Enchanted Forest, Efteling--etc., etc.! Almost all of these are completely made by her!

The dress started out as a little sketch *see above.



I bought this cute little pattern off of Etsy, thinking of I could just follow the instructions, it couldn't be that hard! Well, one look at the back and you can see that there was a problem. After pulling the pattern pieces from the envelope, I knew I had to call in for back up! 




In the meantime, I purchased this beautiful retired bed runner from the Port Orleans Resort at Disney World. It has Tiana and Naveen as frogs (with that ugly and annoying firefly I thought was Evangeline for months--very disappointing, ew lol), and Brer Rabbit and Mr. Bluebird! It's such a pretty pattern and the teal is also so very pretty!



I sort of went a little nuts and  bought a bunch of vintage lace for cheap from Etsy. None of it ended up being used, but there's always the next project! :D I DID also buy 13ft of lace (not realizing how to buy lace) from Joann's, but then it also ended up NOT BEING ENOUGH ANYWAY! :D







After bought an entire ream of pale peachy pink satin, I decided to hand the project over to my friend, Lisa, who is a professional costumer. (Although, the conversation was more like, "I am gonna do this!!!! :D" and Lisa being like, "oh my God, please just give this to me!" She was not wrong!)









It's a little longer than I normally would have liked and it doesn't exactly hit as flattering as I would have cared for, but I think with some adjustments, I will feel better about it next time! It's also a LOT of fabric on my tiny body! 

Unfortunately, the backpack I was wearing on this trip got my vintage shirt stained, so I am trying to rescue the shirt and get the stain out! The shirt belonged to my grandmother and I wore it when I was with her when she passed away, so the shirt must be saved at all costs!!!!

I feel like maybe I am too hard on myself and my body--or maybe I really DO look THAT much like shit! Who knows, lol!


Comments