Last Chance to Exit

Hi. My name is Melody. I have been blogging on the internet since I was a child. Since the future of LiveJournal is unknown, I am starting another blog.  I don't really WANT to start another blog, but I feel it's very necessary. I know in many ways, my life is never going to be the same way losing such a huge part of it--even the suggestion of potentially losing is it quite daunting and sad. But since this is in the context of many, many more sad things in the world, I guess I will be alright.

I guess I should introduce myself to this new space.



Hi, again. My name is Melody. I make music as Le Bas-fond. I am also a professional illustrator and an artist. 

I am First Nations Abenaki and Nahua from Mexico. I am a non-status Indian. I am also a Geordie Scot and German, but those are less interesting to people, I guess. I still refer to myself as "an Indian," because all of my documents and my family's documents had always listed "Indian," and I know that upsets some people, but it's honestly none of their business. But know if I call myself an Indian, it's not a free pass to use it, too. 

I love werewolves. I love horror movies, but it's a rough genre for me, because it has so many problems with anti-Native racism(and other forms of racism), violence against women, and stigmatization of mental health. I do really love werewolves, though. I used to actively write film reviews about how much I loved werewolves.

I am a deeply religious person. I am just not a Christian, nor to do I belong to any of the other 5 major religions.

Anyway, moving on, what else is there....I don't have a set way I dress, because I had JUST one style, I would get bored. I tend to stick around "the spooky with a vintage flair." I love vintage and thrifted clothes. I have also wanted to start making my own clothes, but that's honestly been a mild disaster.

Oh, I guess I should talk about my music. I make  electronic music as Le Bas-fond. I also am a professional illustrator. Oh, and I am an opera singer. I belong to multiple performing arts unions. I am a coloratura operatic soprano who can hit the high A6 in The Doll Song. As an electronic musician, I record, write, produce, mix and master my own stuff. In the beginning it was mostly about saving money. Now it's more about knowing exactly what I want and being a control freak.

Let's see, what else is there.... Halloween and Easter are my two favourite holidays. I live in San Francisco. I understand and speak multiple languages, I love animals (I mean, honestly, though, whoTF doesn't? What kind of monster....). I am obsessed with skincare. I collect toys. I love rain and autumn. I love living by the ocean even if I almost never visit it because there are too many fucking tourists. I like plants, but they don't like me.

For someone who has really, genuinely, and truly lived a pretty terrible life, I, for whatever God unknown reason, am a pretty optimistic person!

As of the time I am writing this entry, I am 34 years old and turning 35 in August. I often get mistaken for a teenager or a middle schooler. There are worse issues to have I guess?

Anyway, I don't know what you expect to find here, but if you go looking for trouble, you're sure gonna find it.

Comments