Everybody's crazy What's your excuse baby? Standing in the middle waiting for something to happen Are you waiting for something to happen?

Well, today was brutal.


The days are starting to get shorter again. :( I know this was taken around 8:45 last night, and there was still some light around 9pm, but I am already feeling my seasonal depression setting in. A lot of the time recently, we haven't even been getting proper sunsets like these because of the fog. I am going to try to enjoy these sunsets whilst I can. Everyone is so excited for the Fall, they've already started with the "Augtober" nonsense. I am fine with all that  starting in September, but August is too much. Winter is SO HARD on my body and my brain, I can't stand it. Let me just please enjoy these last Summer sunsets whilst I can. :( I have a VERY hard time--an increasingly difficult time--adjusting to the seasons and the time changes. :(  

It hasn't been as bad as last year, where I felt like I really lost my entire Summer. I really front-loaded my Summer this year and did a lot of "Summer" things in May and June. I spent more of the weekend at home, even though the weather was very nice because of the Dog Surfing Contest on Saturday and the atrocious traffic two days in a row.  Sometimes it's VERY HARD to enjoy living on the coast because any day you think you're going to be able to enjoy your own backyard, it's filled with tourists.

I did have a really nice "summer night" Saturday with Susan (which I will try to do a recap of this week if I have time!). 

This morning had a very rocky start. I accidentally ended up taking the longer bus because the express bus never showed up. I still made it on time, but I really enjoy that padding of time to relax between transits instead of being so stressed about making one after the other--especially since the schedules for the train are going to change again on next Monday. :( I am already stressed  out about the schedule changes.  I don't know who these changes are actually for, because they never do ANYTHING other than mess EVERYTHING up. I usually get a couple selfies for my "what I wore this week" on TikTok, but I only got two that were usable. :( I really went out of my way to pick coords that were my faves/ perfect for my birthday week, and this is how the week starts! UGH!

I am still VERY determined that this is going to be a GOOD WEEK.

I started packing for my trip Saturday and Sunday. It's only an overnight, nothing too fancy. I am also not going anywhere that isn't civilization, so if I forget something, it's not the end of the world, you know? 

Maybe I will watch the sunset tonight as a little treat. Even if the air quality sucks RN. :(

 

Comments