like a dream come true, I'll take you where I roam

 It shouldn't have to always be so hard!

Hello from me and my weekly check in. I wish I were in this space more. I wish I could do more fashion recap posts, life happenings, etc. Sadly, I am only in this space now maybe once a week. My laptop is so old and I always get distracted whilst on it. I also promise to (at some point) finish my LA recap.

I have been trying (in vain) to enjoy summer more. We finally have real summer sunsets after weeks and weeks of fog. I love the fog, and I actually prefer it. But I would also like to have my glorious 9pm sunsets. I missed all the June ones and about half of the July ones. I am going to be doing more "summery" things in the coming days, and I hope that helps. I get so depressed when the days grow shorter again. I never experienced seasonal depression until 2020, and over the last 6 years it has grown increasingly bad. :(

I am going to the zoo this weekend with Susan! They have dinosaurs at the zoo for the summer.  I haven't been to the zoo in a few months (because they've had non-stop promotional events, and I wanted to avoid crowds--which is GREAT for the zoo, but annoying for me!), and I am greatly looking forward to my visit this weekend.

I have been working on music a lot lately. I am trying to capture the spark and willingness to work whilst I still have it. I go through periods of never wanting to work on it again, so when the urge hits, I have to jump on it and get as much out of it as possible.  I am pretty happy with what I've made in the last couple of weeks. I really think that this forthcoming record is going to be THE record for me. It reminds me of all of my favourite records from the 80s, I am just so happy with it so far. I am also rebuilding my voice slowly and I hope to have "Caro nome" out as a single by the end of the summer.

 Hmmmm, let's see...outrunning seasonal depression to the best of my abilities?  πŸ—Ή working on new music and actually liking all of it? πŸ—Ήhanging out with friends and doing fun and summery things? πŸ—Ή....what else is there?

Oh! I am going to my friend's wedding in October and I RSVP'd. I am so excited to go. I am... just... very confused about the dress code! Apparently, the whole internet is very confused about "black tie optional," so it's not just me. I want to make sure that I comply with the dress code! I am very excited to go and support her and it's going to be such a beautiful wedding! I have three months to figure this out! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜…πŸ˜†

 I keep telling myself that it is very much still July and that summer IS NOT OVER, and that I have plenty of time to do summery things. I am going to Monterey for my birthday, so there's that! I also want to go to Santa Cruz and Great America before the summer is over. This is the first summer in a long time where I didn't feel like I lost my whole summer, but I gotta start filling up this summer a little bit more..... 

 

...and just look at this last night's sunset! πŸ’—

 

Comments