Secrets in her lipstick mouth Shine me on never again

 I wore make up for the first time this year yesterday.


I cannot remember the last time that I wore make up.

It was just one little bit of eyeliner, some cream lipstick and blush combo--no foundation, no cover-up, no powder. Nothing else other than my usual skincare.

I hate the way that make up makes my face look. I hate that it just accentuates my "extreme" features.

It doesn't change my face as much as it does with others who look completely different whilst wearing it. This is not to disparage those who wear make-up. I just don't like it.

I don't like how it changes the way that I look. I don't like how much it changes the way that I view myself. I don't like how it instantly sets off body dysmorphia. Even though I not altering my face that much, it still sends signals to my brain that my "normal face" just isn't good enough. Even though I know it is.

Even though I know--I know-- there is nothing wrong with it. 

Comments