Beauty everywhere Yuletide by the fireside And joyful memories there

My Christmas Spirit™ this year is certainly on the struggle bus. I am doing my damndest, and it's not coming very easily. Yesterday, I had a glimmer of it.

Yesterday, my friend Susan (whom I had not seen in ages) and I went to Filoli! She had never been and I was very excited to show her around!

20251207_142340
There is nothing quite like Christmas at Filoli!

20251207_121738

20251207_122022

20251207_121959
Filoli is stunning at every season, but nonesomuch in my opinion as Fall and Winter.

20251207_122256

20251207_123218
There was a disco ball in here, and, for whatever reason, it TOOK US OUT laughing.

20251207_123430
The vegetable garden has a vegetable gate!

20251207_124120

20251207_123603
This also SENT us.

20251207_124157

20251207_124250

20251207_124518

20251207_124258

20251207_124411

20251207_124910

20251207_124903
We could hear froggies everywhere. πŸ’–πŸ’š

A quick stop into the gift shop:
20251207_125509
πŸ’˜

20251207_125513
Exactly where Evelyn Nesbitt belongs. (*if Mount Rushmore has to even exist at all)

20251207_131832
I don't know why this just SENT us laughing.

20251207_133636
This white chocolate cheesecake was one of the most delicious things I have ever had and I will think about it nonstop for the rest of my life.

Now for the house!!
20251207_140617

20251207_141605

20251207_141438

20251207_142033

20251207_142251
This room is VERY HAUNTED, and Susan definitely felt it, too.

20251207_142614

Now for the reason why we had come in the first place!!!

20251207_144343
We wondered how they determined this (but did not try out this method to determine its accuracy).

20251207_144531

20251207_144540
 I fell in love with the Trolls that were here most of the year, and I am very sad they are gone off to their new homes now--BUT-- Filoli has a new troll that will live here forever, and I just ADORE her.

20251207_145052
eeeeeeeeee!

This was everything we had hoped for and more:
20251207_145225

20251207_145232

20251207_145228

20251207_145336

20251207_145406

20251207_145412

20251207_145638

20251207_151659

20251207_151704

20251207_151710
They had a little Post Office to send letters to Santa! 

20251207_152353

20251207_151853
In her 27ft glory.

20251207_154627
The view from the parking lot.

Dinner last night was one of those British-y pie things from Trader Joe's:
20251207_175559

20251207_175601

Wound down the evening watching Jack Frost and cuddling the cats.
20251207_184421

20251207_184413

20251207_184437

I will be doing some more Christmasy things this upcoming weekend, although I do not have it in me yet to listen to Christmas music. It's just nothing feels like Christmas. Everything is just...sad. :( I did appreciate the cheer I was able to muster yesterday, though. πŸ’“

Comments