They say it's easy But when you're broke, it don't come easily So I took a subway
....hoooooo BOY, is there a lot to think about...
(yes, I know I already posted this video, but what I wouldn't give to harken back to this bus schedule)
Waxing nostalgically on the halcyon days of yore when the bus schedules were tolerable,
All kidding aside, this new schedule is awful. It is really taking a toll on my person. Physically, I am exhausted (those extra 10 minutes really do matter) and coming home 20-25-30 minutes later than I was before really take me out. I am exhausted. I am also mentally exhausted because I am stressed out and tired already about the next day; I have a considerable amount of anxiety falling asleep because I am stressed about getting enough sleep to sustain the next day. Too stressed to sleep, stressed about not getting enough sleep-- a wicked cycle. I hope when the transit agencies ask for feedback, that I can provide my incredibly negative, strongly-worded, though aggressively polite comments. Because, in short, this sucks.
I am already dreading the end of summer, and the days getting shorter, especially being inconvenienced by these god-awful new hours. I was so happy last year when the express bus came back, it literally changed my life after 4 grueling years of Paypalnamonium transit scheduling, and now THIS. Basically, now, the entire rest of my summer is ruined because all I can think about it the anxiety of leaving and coming home when it's dark out. ππ΅π£π Today, there was an unwell man at my bus stop at 6:47am, screaming and shouting to himself, and, of course, for a multitude of reasons, I'm sure, he decided to fixate on me. At least it was daylight when this happened, but it was still terrifying. I am not a spoiled creampuff who is annoyed by the mere existence of other people (and yes, I am fully aware that I am riding public transit).
But, FFS, is it really that much to ask to have a smooth, safe experience? Especially at 6:45am?!

Comments
Post a Comment