πŸŒƒπŸŒ‰πŸŒŒπŸŒ«️πŸš˜πŸΊπŸŒ•πŸŽž️πŸ“ΉπŸ“Ό

I have always considered my music "nocturnal" and "night music." I make music for driving around at night.


Of course, I do not drive, and am not doing the driving. Someone else is driving me around at night.

I was talking last night with my very good friend Samantha deLuca about music (as we always talk about music), and we got on the discussion of my back catalog. It's so crazy for me to think I have been doing this for 13 years. I've always been singing, I've always made music, but it wasn't until my first demos in 2012 where I really felt like I was making anything. I don't even think about the vast majority of my catalog anymore. It was fun to go back and make this playlist.

It's crazy how disconnected to most of my music I am now. Everything from 2014 to about most of 2019. Everything from that time period was just so painful, it's like a horrifying blackhole--tunneling, out of control, bleak. Everything was so sad then, I don't want to remember it. I will say that I think even if the production wasn't up to my standards then as they are now, I still very much stand by the strength of my writing. That was something I was always very acutely aware of, was that if I was sending something out into the wild like that to last forever, that it had to be strong. I don't think I am the best writer, I don't think that my songs are life-altering, earth-shattering things. I don't think that my songs are the voice of a generation to withstand the test of time. I don't even think that I speak to things that are important.

But I would still like to think that this playlist is fun and something that will be good for some night driving.

Comments