Three summers and I never took the time to swim Where'd you go this year?

I gave this space a little sprucing up! It looks more sleek and more modern, and, (sadly) very similar to most other blogs. I will never have a polished or glossy blog, and it will never have a consistent theme, but I think that's perfectly okay.

20250605_174835

Life is certainly life-ing right now! And not for the better, I am afraid! I am trying, though, I really am! I am not having a good run of it, and the impending solstice is really doing a number on my brain! I am going to do some of my laundry outside tonight, so I can sit and enjoy the sunset on my patio with a little sparkling water.

Today is Barricade Day. About a decade ago, I would have cared a lot about this.  This year I only remembered this because I wrote that post about bullies yesterday, and all those awful memories about Tumblr and sadfrenchpeople came flooding back to me.

Today, I bought a sketch book. Usually these days, I buy sketchbooks, file in a few pages, and then lose them. I remember when drawing used to be such an important part of my life. I remember when art was my entire life. I know that it's never going to be part of my life anymore in the way that it used to. I am committed to not losing it completely, though. Even if I never share a single thing I draw anymore, I will at least know that I am still doing it. I am vowing to myself to draw more, and to blog more. More things that require more care and time, and less time on my phone doom scrolling. The best-ever sketch pad I bought was in 2020 and it was from the $5 & Under section of Target. It was literally like $3 and it lasted the entire summer. I've bought a few sketchbooks recently, but I made a promise to myself to commit to finishing this one by the end of the summer.

I feel like the combination of everything: drawing again, therapy, working out even more than I usually do (getting the kettlebell back in there!), working on the pelvic floor therapy, spending less time online--will all make for a better me and a better summer.

And God only knows how much I would love a decent summer.






Comments