but I know I'll think of you every step of the way

Let me tell you a story....

Once upon a time, the year was either 2021 or 2022. Masking was still mostly required indoors. 

I am going to go with 2021, because that sounds correct.

But what you should know about this one is that this is 100% true, and, whilst it seems silly and absolutely absurd now, it made 100% perfect sense at the time.

Circa 2021, it was a stage in the Paypalnamonium where people had started recognizing others even with their masks on. Whilst some of us are still masking, TYVM, it was quite glorious in the beginning of the Corona Extra Panini where you could go out wearing a mask and people would not bother you. This was, of course, one part the 6ft rule and one part the fact that no one recognized others in their masks.

Keeping all the aforementioned in mind, I had a plan. Joanne and I (hi, Joanne!) needed to (wanted to, really, let's be real) go to Target. Since we could be recognized in masks, I had this idea that I would wear a MASK-mask--specifically, a werewolf mask to Target so that I would not be recognized. LISTEN, this made perfect sense at the time, and I will stand ten-toes down with this choice.

Here is a photo of me wearing the mask from the Halloween in 2020:

KUJICAM_2020-10-30-20-45-18_developed

It wasn't anywhere near Halloween when I wore this mask to go to Target, btw.

Unfortunately, Target  didn't have whatever it was we were on the hunt for. Surprisingly, no one stopped us walking around with me in the werewolf mask. Security didn't even stop me or say anything.

Well, now we were looking at not a single purchase from Target, a night that was young, and me wearing a werewolf mask. The moon was full. There was only one, singular and sensible option: driving around and being a bother.

It ended up being a night of driving around and blasting the WING cover of "I Will Always Love You" (in the style of Whitney Houston):

WING is absolutely a perfect person and I will hear nothing bad spoken against her, TYVM.

20201030_192125

Did I mention we were 33 years old when we were doing this?


Comments