O sisters too, how may we do For to preserve this day This poor youngling for whom we do sing

 It was quite a long and packed weekend. I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

20241214_180748


20241213_070201

It rained on Friday. It was so dark when I left the house and the timer on the light at the gas station had gone off, so for about 30 seconds I was here in the rain in the dark. I never got seasonal depression until Covid, but now for the last 4 years, it's been pretty bad.

20241213_072511
Literally still night time at 7:30am.

20241213_075942
When it rains on Fridays I wear tights instead of pants (Friday is my usual designated pantsday), but I didn't want to deal with wet pants, so my normal clothes it is!

20241213_131056
I want to go around the neighbourhood and take photos of all the cute displays.

20241213_130330

20241213_203843
When you try to make your bed and there are kittens being cute in it.

20241213_203846

20241214_100059
Saturday I was going out, so I canceled my voice lesson for the day, did some chores around the house, tried to stay on top of everything.

We had a TORNADO WARNING because of the storms (which I slept through), but there was a tornado that touched down and actually did some damage near Santa Cruz. WILD. Thankfully, it got all of it's yah-yah's out by late afternoon, so it was a clear night.

20241214_150250
I changed into this super cute outfit to go to my first Christkindlmarkt!

20241214_163530
There were so many dogs there, LMAO.

20241214_165124

20241214_173819

20241214_171238
This was as delicious as it looks, but that lemon was almost immediately unceremoniously yeeted.

20241214_175025

20241214_174830
This was so funny to me, because I am forever 12.

20241214_175415

20241214_180743

20241214_181925
I regret not buying this, lol.

The Christkindlemarkt is put on by the German International School every year, and this as my first time going! I was nosy and tried to read comments about it online, and a lot of Germans from Germany said it was wonderful and the food was marvelous (and it really made them feel at home), so I felt good about it. There were a lot of Germans there (obviously), and it was fun to be nosy and eavesdrop in on conversations.

20241214_184353
Literally trying to get out of the parking lot.

20241214_194137

The next day was the final full moon of the year, so I wanted to do something to celebrate it. I had wanted to go to Joy to the Zoo at the SF Zoo like I had last year, but my membership expired, and the zoo without one is SO EXPENSIVE. I decided to just go for a walk instead.

20241215_120942

20241215_120932

20241215_121139
I used to play in this creek as a kid, and honestly the only thing stopping me now is the possibility of being arrested, but the social pressures do nothing for my insatiable need to be in this.

20241215_122341

20241215_122347
It was high surf advisory warning, so, naturally, I went to go and look at it (hahaha).

20241215_123506
"we are the werewolves, mister..."

20241215_123323
I decided to revisit one of my favourite hikes, which I hadn't done in a long time.

20241215_123901
I know you can't tell from this photo, but this is way far off of the valley floor.

20241215_123636
I used to play in this as a teenager. I would never go in this now.

20241215_124525

20241215_124449
This SOB was as big as a German Shepard.

20241215_125021

20241215_125031

20241215_125035

20241215_125524

20241215_125910
More left over WWII bunkers.

20241215_125143

20241215_130103

20241215_130445

20241215_132219

20241215_132402

20241215_132418
I love my phone camera so much because it captures the true-life colours like nothing else!

20241215_132451

20241215_133044

20241215_133251

20241215_133847
There is a little free library on the way back and I was nosy and looked at the books to see if I would want any of them. I would have hated girls who would have liked this book, because they would have most likely bullied the shit out of me.

20241215_134244

20241215_133936
I love how fresh everything is after it rains.

20241215_135148
A magical realm.

20241215_140931
This is the cement divider in the middle of the highway, so this tag is legitimately impressive!

20241215_222112
We decorated the tree watching The Sound of Music on television. The cats helped.

It rained this morning and all of the trains were messed up, so thankfully, I go on the first one that came instead of waiting for my usual train.

20241216_074544

20241216_074545 20241216_075423 20241212_180704
Oh, to be snuggled up happy cats.

Comments