And I'm not tryna wreak havoc It's just that sometimes I see something and I just need to have it
Well, that was certainly a weekend. I had 4 days off because of that dreadful holiday, but I managed to make the most of them. Friday and Sunday were by far the best of the 4 days. It's really nice to explore your own backyard.
I wore a SUPER cute outfit I didn't get any real pictures of, but I love it so much, I will absolutely wear it again. I think I have finally found the way to dress that makes me the most comfortable at all times.
I got to see my friend Lauren, whom I only get to see a small handful of times a year now.
First up was the Japanese Tea Garden. The last time either of us had been there was together when we went in 2014! We went during the free hour, which the gardens of Golden Gate Park offer on select days and mornings. I highly encourage people to pay to go and support the parks and gardens, but it was nice to just this once utilize something available like that, you know?
It was so nice to be there in the morning for the morning light and mixed with all the autumnal colours. It's such a gorgeous garden, with a fascinating history. There's actually a Japanese garden in Central Park in San Mateo, which I've walked by many times, but have never been in because it's never been open when I've been there. Some day!
Next came the real reason that I was excited!!! Strawberry Hill Island and Huntington Falls!
I know these selfies cannot fully convey it, but I was OVER THE MOON.
It really did remind me of Tom Sawyer Island at Disneyland even more when I was one it, but somehow felt... more magical. It felt more natural (even though it's also a manmade island, lmao). Part of me really got sad because I missed Disneyland, but then also I wasn't because I can go to Strawberry Hill whenever I want! No $300 admission fee! π
There was a fake pond on top of the fake island in the middle of a fake lake. Is that meta?
The vistas were sensational.
I hope they stay together five-ever.
Cute pictures of Lauren on the trek down. She is very tall, but this is so huge, it makes her look my height!
Next we went to go see the buffalos (which is another thing I haven't done in actual decades):
I don't know why this sign is so funny to me.
Afterwards, we went to sushi!
I was very tired and my hair was yucky. (Yes, I changed, lol)
Jus' thinkin' 'bout someone cuuuuuuuuuttteee.
The first batch of presents arrived. I guess it means Christmas is officially here.
I don't feel very Christmasy this year at all. We don't have snow here (which I don't mind, because I was in snow once and that was enough, I hated it), so it doesn't really feel wintery in the same way it feels wintery in other parts of the country, or even the state. Everything just feels like a cold and sad chore.
Strawberry Hill was a nice reset and I want to go back very soon.



































Comments
Post a Comment