Far beyond horizons I have seen Beyond the things I've been Beyond the dreams I've dreamed Are the things I've done In fact each and every one Are the way that I was taught to run

 Some 5am thoughts!: I gave myself permission to take Saturday off from everything, including voice. 

20240629_183634

Of course I am not where I want to be right now in finishing up the Doll Song, but being mean to myself isn't going to  make that happen any faster. I am going to take time this week to really focus only on the Doll Song in hopes to make some great strides in it. I told myself it was going to be done in June, then July is here and I said July, but don't know about that either. I would be nice to have it done in time for my birthday, but since I am also releasing a single and an EP this month (on Friday), I thought I might give myself some grace.

I start The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn this week. I collected my thoughts on re-reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, took notes, processed them, voiced them, and now want to give myself pause before reading the next book. It's a lot of information to take in. I breezed through Tom Sawyer (and there were huge sections that I had to just scan because my eyes glazed over), but I want to take my time on Huck Finn, especially since I am going to be comparing it to James. Huck Finn's novel and story and life are also just closer to my heart, and I want to give it the time and space it deserves. 

I am planning things out accordingly so that my Saturday is freed up; thinking about when to schedule my grocery delivery, if I should do laundry on the holiday since I have the day off anyway. Etc. (I understand that this is just riveting stuff, lol.) It's really a lot to think about in terms of getting an actual free day. I know I get a lot of grief for "never doing anything," "never going anywhere," "never going out," but it requires so much frontloading on my part to clear up space and time. There are sometimes when I really wish I were just.... irresponsible! LOL!

Thinking about the weather, thinking about the price points, thinking about the freedom of having an actual day off. 

Always feeling like I don't work hard enough, no matter what it is. Always feeling like I am running out of time. Trying so hard to do multiple things at once, never getting to enjoy anything because it's constantly onto the next project and chasing the next horizon.

At least I keep trying. I will give myself that much.




Comments