Ooh, I just know that something good is going to happen And I don't know when But just saying it could even make it happen

Happy New Year, everyone. I hope everyone had a restful holiday season and a restorative New Year celebration of some kind (even if that included some rest!).

It's been raining off and on and the rain has brought out the beauty in what is already a place of beauty. The water is powerful, and restorative, with the power to both flood and erode, as well as replenish and  heal. I am in awe of nature.

20231230_112945

20231230_113003

20231230_112155

This last Saturday, I went hiking with some of my dearest friends in one of my favourite parks on one of my favourite trails. The creeks were roaring and gushing with water. Everything was bright green and beautiful. Everything seemed too beautiful to be real.

The days are getting longer again, and I can feel the depression I get around the end of the year melting away for the hope of the return of the sun.

Since, for many reasons, my dream of going to Tokyo Disneyland has probably been delayed for yet another year, here are some other things I want to accomplish this year. These are New Year Resolutions, they're things that I had in mind and place to do before, but my first post of the year seems like a good place to document it.

  • Finish my opera record. My voice is coming back. It will be another month or so before my voice is fully back. I am warming up when I feel my voice can do it, singing more, gaining a lot of the clarity, dexterity and power back. Hopefully, the album will be done by March or April of this year.
  • Take more breaks. I need to take more breaks. Every moment of my life is filled up with some kind of labour, and I need to take more breaks and rest.
  • Use more of my memberships. Force myself to use one of them (or all of them) once a month at least. Get my money's worth, get out, move around. I also want to have my zoo membership card transferred back into my name.
  • Plan more friend-outings. This would be like a Point Reyes day, museums, taking my friends places using my memberships, etc.
  • That being said, having a  Point Reyes day. Go to the different visitor centres, get a burger and some coffee, and stomp around in some haunted farmland.
  • Go back to the Monterey Peninsula, go to the aquarium, go to the antique mall, the natural history museum in Pacific Grove, etc.
  • Go through my closet at overhaul it. (I know I do this every week or every couple of weeks, but I really want to be consistent, lol.)
  • Bring my credit score back up. It's not dire or anything, but it was close to being perfect, and it was brought down due to vet expenses, and I am a perfectionist.
  • Work on having coords every day.  I love dressing up. There is something about dressing up almost every day during Dressember that really makes me feel coordinated and put together. I've never been a slacker when it comes to outfits, but I really want to put even more efforts into my coords.
  • Work on getting my living space back under control. πŸ˜πŸ˜΅πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜”πŸ˜–
  • Spend more time by the water. 
  • Start drawing again.
  • Finally get pie at the God damn Pie Ranch!!!!



Comments