all is calm, all is bright

20231230_112146
Happy New Year, everyone!

What an abysmal and shite year this has been! After how absolute trash it was for most of it, I am happy to say that its second to last day was so magical.

Yesterday was the last Saturday of the year, and I went with two of my best friends on a rainy day hike.

20231230_104500

20231230_105457

20231230_105542
We had some big rains and the creeks were roaring.

20231230_110400
Catherine and Robert are literally the cutest couple ever.

20231230_110543

20231230_110533

20231230_110604

20231230_112024 20231230_112018
Catherine using her special app to identify mushrooms.

20231230_112147

20231230_11342820231230_113428

20231230_112959

20231230_113010

20231230_112945

20231230_112155
These photos just DO something to my HEART.

20231230_113636
Some festive lads.

20231230_113640

20231230_113643

20231230_113646

20231230_113649

20231230_114202

20231230_123303
Quick sushi lunch.

20231230_140758

When then drove down the coast to see some more of the big waves.

20231230_135247

20231230_141847
We stopped at several beaches to check out what the high surfs had washed up.

20231230_142037
Robert is a merchant seaman and loves the ocean.

20231230_142022

20231230_142048

20231230_144715
We went to the lighthouse to go check out the start of the renovation projects.

20231230_145031
Making the toy whales kiss, because we're 12.

20231230_144943
Having a Pete's Dragon moment.

20231230_145205
What the inside of the tower looks like!

20231230_145636

20231230_145704

20231230_145648

20231230_150103

20231230_150105

We then drove back up the coast to go get some specialty goat cheese!
20231230_154240
Some goats eating the barn.

20231230_154247

20231230_154301

20231230_154459
They were all so cute (Robert got zapped by the fence, though.)

20231230_154443

20231230_154516
I wanted to pet this Very Good Boy sooooo bad.

20231230_154629

20231230_154633

20231230_155859
Three VERY pregnant goats.

20231230_155954

20231230_155944

20231230_160056

20231230_160115
The people at the goat farm were a little standoffish and rude, but the facility was so neat!

20231230_160924

20231230_161051

20231230_165055
I wasn't wearing a mask on this day trip because we were in a rural area and I didn't want to be harrassed.

20231230_161735

20231230_161659
This coffee shop was meh, but this bear claw was unreal.

20231230_165357

20231230_165423

20231230_165433
We made a friend!

20231230_165724
Magic.

20231230_173127
Driving back in the rain at sunset.

I love Catherine and Robert so much, and it was a joy to be around them for a whole day.

20231231_122701
I hope everyone has a safe and cozy new year! I hate this holiday, so I am going to bed.


Comments