Wild summer gone Floating over water at the break of dawn
I am trying to enjoy that it's still light outside when I get home.
I took this photo earlier this week waiting for creepy guy who sometimes also gets off at my stop to get ahead of me so I could this cross the highway.
Although it doesn't look like it (zoom in on her face), Beatrice and I are greatly enjoying the peace and quiet. Everyone comes home tomorrow, so we will enjoy the last night of quiet whist we can.
I was really proud of today's coord!
I have been so proud of the coords all week! I wish I had taken a photo of the one I wore yesterday to HADESTOWN. :( It was soooo cute and I was so proud of it! :( I am trying to do the seasonal clothing switch, but, unfortunately, it's not quite going to cooperate because, again, September-October is when we get the actual "summer" weather. Also,-- of course--, NOW all I want to wear is pastels.
I have never talked about this before, either online or in person, but I suffer from Hirsutism brought on by persistently high levels of cortisol. Unlike other kinds or experiences of Hirsutism, mine is from toxic stress, and not PCOS. I only experience it in one part of my body, my left chin and the curve right under the jawline (I don't even get peach fuzz). I am lucky in that regard, but I still find it embarrassing, annoying, and disgusting. It's fine if you experience the same symptoms and don't have issues with your own conditions. I am saying that for me, personally, I do not like it on me, and my body specifically.
Earlier this year, I bought an IPL device because I absolutely hate shaving my legs. It has worked pretty good on my legs (it has reduced the growth, but not gotten rid of the hair completely). and it has worked best on my abs, of all places. Even if the world never sees my abs, I am very proud of how sculpted they are. Unfortunately, the device didn't seem to work on my chin or jawline at all.
I kept seeing adverts for a different brand device (omg, I know, I caved over an ad) which was supposed to have really GOOD results, specifically for the conditions that I experience, so I bit the bullet on it. I have to say that I think it really does work better than the other one did. It's just not a vanity thing, it's a comfort thing, too. I shave my arms every day, but don't always shave my legs, because I try to limit my time with razors to reduce potential self-harm risks. I know that has not been part of my life for a very long time, but I don't like to gamble with my brain.
Also, shaving is just a chore? I know some people shave their legs every single day, and that's fine but I absolutely hate doing it and this IPLs have been amazing.
I don't want to jinx myself, but I think that this new device is yielding the results the other device didn't (which honestly worked great on other places, and I am a little sad it didn't give me the results I needed). I feel like once I get this under control, I will turn my entire life around. I have held myself back in life so much over this (literally), and I feel like getting it under control would unlock so many mental hurdles.
Can I just say how much I am *enjoying* working out in silence?
I was almost late yesterday morning because of this beauty.
I ordered Door Dash, and I got someone else's tonkatsudon. Talk about a plot twist. I never order food, and this is always what happens when I do!
I am trying to make a commitment this weekend to doing something for myself. Maybe that's using my zoo membership or going to go get boba by myself or something. I am trying to be less solitary and be more social. It's just so hard because I have to have my allotment of quiet, alone time, still have to do all of my Cinderella chores, try not to spend money. I also want to get back into thrifting, which is a VERY slippery slope, hahaha. I haven't done a single CODE ORANGE this year (outside of the one brief Home Depot excursion), so maybe I will do that. Still trying to find whoever is selling the giant werewolf animatronic.









Comments
Post a Comment