Wild summer gone Floating over water at the break of dawn Breathing in the warmth

 Today is the last day of August for this year. This has felt like the longest month in the history of months.


It's dark now at 8pm....and I am very depressed. The time changes and the sun settings used to not effect me until Covid, when so MUCH of my day was lost due the public transit never returning and  having 12-13 hour days. 

I know that it's still "summer" until the end of September, but it already feels like autumn (and even though we get our "summer" weather now, after it being cold all summer). I feel like I did nothing all summer because I couldn't spend any money because of the NYC trip, which was largely disappointing. 

I am sick of the Halloween talk already. Halloween used to be my favourite, and now it's just over-consumption and overwhelming, like everything else. It's about hashtags, and spending money, and taking photos. It starts in freaking JUNE. I just hate it now. I hate the over-consumption, I hate that Halloween has become like Christmas, just about buying zhit.

I am going away to the Central Coast this weekend, to give Summer its last hurrah. I hope I get to just *enjoy* it in full.

Comments