I'd swim to New York State From the Cornish coast of England For even just a day We'll meet at that café You'll say it hurt too much to stay

Friday morning I had brunch with my friend Ashley Wool! She is so wonderful and I love her! I had the privilege of mixing her three songs that came out in 2020 (which you should absolutely give a spin to, cannot stress this enough, she is AH-MAZE-ING).

20230804_114052

20230804_123618
We also got to hang out with her roomates' adorable dog.

20230804_131147
She's making her Broadway debut in HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO and I haven't stopped crying lol.

20230804_134652

Next up: me and Anthony went to the Prospect Park Zoo (which I made a TikTok for lol)
20230804_143847

20230804_145812

20230804_151119

20230804_153217

20230804_153601
Seeing a dingo IRL was a seminal experience lol

20230804_154343

20230804_160925
Leo Season!

20230804_170551

After the zoo, I had to backtrack to Manhattan to transfer back to Williamsburg (which, holy shit, is so annoying), but decided to take a little moment for myself.

There was something I had to see again, somewhere I needed to go. I knew whatever magic existed in that moment more than 8 years ago would not be there. I knew that it was gone, that it was never coming back, and I also knew that I didn't want it to come back. But I still had to see where it was.
20230804_185703

20230804_185922

20230804_185703

20230804_185709

I am grateful that New Yorkers are just used to seeing strange things because I just broke down crying in the middle of everything. 

I know. I know it wasn't there. I know it was never going to be there again. But I had to know that it was there. I had to know that it had been, at one time, real. That it really had happened. That no matter what gets said, or what happens after, that that was something that happened. 

I was just standing there crying, more angry than anything else. Angry about all of the stupid lying. Angry that all these years later, this still hurt me so badly. Angry that I had to experience any of this in a lifetime of shitty and adverse experiences. Angry that people who knew and know the truth wouldn't stand up for me.

On another note:
20230804_192600
Willaimsburg is like... reject San Francisco, and I mean that in the least flattering way possible.

Comments