Changes, I've never been good with change I hate it when it all stays the same Caught between the gold and the gain
I spent nearly two hours writing this entry, and then Blogger didn't save any of it. SO we are going to try this again. it will be less wordy than the first time around because I can't remember everything that I wrote the first time.
I have been on a Huck Finn kick lately, and bought this hat because I saw someone else dressing up as their Animal Crossing character.
Of course, I received flack for buying the hat, because the hat is so "basic." My friends ("friends") think that being mean and saying mean things, unkind things, are acceptable parts of friendship. Like if you have that kind of dynamic with your other friends you can keep that to yourself. (I am gonna be real testy now that I have to rewrite everything.)
As promised, I assured everyone that the hat was not going to look chic on me in the slightest, but that I would most likely look like one of the bayou geese from Splash Mountain or Dead Eye from The Rescuers.
And, well, I was certainly not wrong!
Some of my friends and I were laughing about the time we "ran away" to San Bruno City Park (for a whole two hours) to be Tom and Huck/ The Boxcar Children to escape the high school exit exams. We were gone ("gone") for less than two hours and no one noticed we weren't there. My friend Jesse and I decided to be nostalgic and go for sandwiches and sit in the park.
Outfit check:
Like when I said that I was going to look like an absolute moron in this hat, that was not an exaggeration.
Back in the halcyon days of yore of The Old Days, we all went to Little Lucca pretty often. Although the sandwiches are totally priced affordably for how much food you get and their prices have stayed almost entirely the same, I still don't know how we went all of the time as early college students with our whole no monies.
It's nice that as things change (mostly for the worst), and there are some institutions (such as Little Lucca) which always stay the same.
I took this photo while we waited in line, because the juxtapose was so funny:
Sandwiches acquired!
My order, in case anyone is wondering (which I am sure that no one is lol) is the Vegetarian Delight with sprouts and bacon (lol, I know, I know) on Dutch Crunch.
I didn't know this until literally Saturday, but Dutch Crunch is a Bay Area Thing. It may have not officially originated in the Bay Area, but the version that is made in the Bay is unique and exclusive to here. Everywhere else calls it Tiger Bread, from the Dutch Tijgerbrood. Needless to say, considering how popular and ubiquitous Dutch Crunch is here, my mind is blown.
Me and Jesse both got Dutch Crunch!
You can see that behind Jesse in this photo, that there is a considerable amount of construction going on. The buildings that I loved the most about the park have been torn down and are being rebuilt to be in the same fashion as all of the newer, ugly, dull, boring buildings. The older buildings really had character. It's like they were out of a movie.
They were out of a movie about small-town America. They were out of a movie about a plucky little league team of misfits. They were out of a movie about a little middle school witch who is forced to play volleyball at the parks and rec. They were out of a movie about teenage love with big stakes where they have to meet at the gazebo after the park closes. They were out of movie where the nearby churches (which really do look like they're from a scary movie) are really secret clubs where vampires meet and only the ragtag gang of feral kids on bikes can save the day. There was a charm, and a sense of safety and familiarity in those old buildings that really, truly, felt like home and community.
I know they were old, but I am sure they were less unsalvageable than people with lucrative contracts to just rebuild them would lead you to believe.
We ended up not exploring the park because I mentioned coffee and then Jesse wanted coffee (lol).
We laughed at this random lion statue guarding the bathrooms.
The roaster machine at the coffee place looked like an evil Thomas the Tank Engine character.
The Jesse wanted boba (this sounds like When You Give a Mouse a Cookie...)
We walked about the strip mall. It was sad to see Cheers gone, even though it was a shit pile and I never went there. Just because I never went there, didn't mean I wanted a business to close, you know?























Comments
Post a Comment