I know it's true It's all because of you And if I make it through It's all because of you

Saturday I went to the Paul McCartney exhibition at the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park with my step-grandma.

20250823_094906

It should be noted that, whilst I am not a Beatles fan (I am, in fact, a certified Beatles hater), I do quite like Paul. I kept seeing adverts around the city for the exhibit, and I wanted to go.

20250823_082216

20250823_082204
I tried to wear a coord that matched the occasion.

20250823_082617
My eyes were all swollen from crying the evening prior. Emotions are a wacky thing.

20250823_090915

20250823_091358

20250823_091606

I had not been in the de Young in ages. I hate the layout of it (it's like an airport-mall fusion FROM HELL), and the staff is RUDE. They were especially rude and ableist towards my step-grandma, and it took everything in my not to lose my temper in a really bad way. Twice in a ten minute window, two different staff members were rude/ if not downright SHITTY towards her mobility and hearing/ technology difficulties. It was to a point where I am considering writing a strongly-worded email to them. At the very least, I am not going back anytime soon.

20250823_093817

20250823_095852

20250823_100053


The exhibit itself is actually quite interesting. It's a series of the hundreds of candid photos Paul took right at the precipice of The Beatles becoming a global phenomenon, right before and shortly after the Ed Sullivan Show performance. It's literally just a bunch of kids messing around with their friends.

20250823_100956

The  Beatles have a long history in San Francisco/ The Bay Area. In fact, Paul came back in 2014 to do the final-ever concert at Candlestick Park. What a touching and fitting full-circle moment.

20250823_101902

20250823_100147

20250823_095131

20250823_102300

20250823_100804

20250823_100738

20250823_102237
Finding out The Beatles were superfans of Ronnie Spector made me like them slightly more.

20250823_102411

20250823_102811
Paul took a lot of photos of poor and working-class people.

20250823_103210
I love the fashion.

20250823_103159

20250823_103206
I absolutely love her.

20250823_103250

20250823_103354

20250823_103347

20250823_103440
This was my favourite part of the whole exhibition.

20250823_103749

20250823_103735

We explored a little bit of the rest of the museum. I was already pretty pissed off at that point because the staff was SO RUDE.

20250823_105040
Some Huck Finn bullshit.

20250823_104943

20250823_105333

20250823_105231
Allyship: it's this or nothing.

20250823_105601
A Native man with some dogs.


20250823_105743
This was my favourite thing in the whole of the de Young.

20250823_105758

20250823_105748
smol.

20250823_120021

20250823_120244

20250823_123707
We went and had lunch at a local golf course.

20250823_130243
I love this style of architecture, but I have no idea which era it's from. I think it's some mid-century modern variation.

Comments