But I saw the Bering Strait and the Golden Gate In silent suspension of their golden age!

We had a three day weekend here in the US, and I made the most of it. Usually, I hate three day weekends, but this was the nicest I've had in ages.

20250525_150422

20250524_092141

20250524_092147
 I had a full-bore crying meltdown on Saturday morning. It's been a rough one.

My friend Lauren and I used my zoo membership to go to the zoo!

20250524_110458

20250524_110621

20250524_110827
 It was overcast (which I love), and because it was later in the morning, less animals were out, but it was still nice to be there and see the ones out who were.

20250524_110940
My friend has returned!

20250524_110943
And this new scary one!!!

20250524_113025

20250524_113030

20250524_113110

20250524_113119
I was just here a couple weeks ago, and I didn't take as many photos as I usually do, but I did take plenty of the fragrance garden.

20250524_115856

20250524_115850
I ordered Dippin' Dots to spite certain people. :)

20250524_122029
I had my first canoli! It was so good!

20250524_122027

20250524_124845

20250524_125011
HIMB.

20250524_165041
I bought myself this kid shirt. No, I will never change.

Sunday, my mom and I did brunch at CΓ΄te Ouest (a fave), went to see the new Mary Blair exhibition, and walked the Golden Gate Bridge for the anniversary (which is actually today):
20250525_095921
My food.

20250525_095924
My mom's.

20250525_105930
 Some Briar Patch in the middle of night blooming jasmine.

The new Mary Blair exhibition:
20250525_110540

20250525_111518

20250525_113122

Truthfully? It was just okay. The one from 11 years ago was much nicer. It was larger, and the variety of the art was better. If the one from 11 years ago had not happened, I would be more impressed with this one. It was still cute and I still enjoyed it, but it was definitely a letdown.

20250525_132307

We then visited my great-grandparents in the National Cemetery:

20250525_141356

20250525_141416

20250525_142212
May we one day live in a world that doesn't need a Memorial Day.

20250525_145121
Anyone who says that this is overrated and immediately get lost.

20250525_145733
This was all poison oak and all the tourists were standing in it taking photos.

20250525_145548
Yes, we went through this, and, yes, it was terrifying (lol).

20250525_150418

20250525_150422

20250525_153327

20250525_155816
I've always wanted to live in one of these houses.

20250525_154432
I regret not buying one of these.

20250525_153932

20250525_191237
The boys being cute.

20250526_100855
Yesterday, we went to go see my grandparents.

20250526_103758

20250526_105315
My grandpa's name is on this memorial.

20250526_112722
Forced to suffer at the hardware store....

20250526_113938
But rewarded with a treat after! :D

20250526_115914
This was so funny, I hope they caught it before it was too late, lmao.

Comments