I do believe you′ve laid a curse on North America A curse that we now here rehearse

 Saturday was a great big adventure!

20230520_094207

I was off on an all-day adventure to San Jose to see my friend Shawna in the 1776 tour!

20230520_094453

Give a quick snuggle to my cat and  packing only the FINEST of reading material.

20230520_095809
I had just spent an awful lot of time doing my hair, for it to be so foggy, it's a half-step away from raining.

20230520_100218

20230520_100730
Going through Laura Jansen's whole discography, starting at the beginning for this trek. πŸ’–

I got to Daly City BART and the platform was dangerously wet! (The buses no longer go to Colma BART, how nice of them! You have to go all the way to Daly City and pay extra to backtrack.)

20230520_103824

20230520_103828

YouTube does not allow for shorts to be embedded (WTF), so here is a video link to me showing how the fog was raining.

20230520_104119
A quick selfie!


I ended up having to just get on the SFO train and get off at South City to wait for my transfer. It was so scary because I was alone for an extended period of time, so I just started to sing loudly lol. Thankfully, other people came within a few minutes, but it was still unnerving.

20230520_110925
Someone on my train was screaming.

I made it on time to the transit center for my transfer with MOMENTS to spare.
20230520_111828

20230520_112259

Trains approaching the station is a terrifying sensation to me, no matter what the train is. 

Away and off on my adventure!
20230520_112716

20230520_113744
This is a very valid question I ask myself often.

20230520_120456
I...I have nothing to say about this LMAO.

20230520_120512
 From my little perch seat!

I made it to the train station! It gives me such DΓ©jΓ  vu of the Sacramento station! 
20230520_124007

Except this uncomfy weird ass painting LMAO
20230520_124014

We love a good toilet selfie.
20230520_124052

20230520_124047

I walked from the train station to the theatre. It's a little over half a mile, and this is my 3rd time taking CalTrain down to see a show like this. I think that I am finally getting used to this!   This was way faster of a walk this time around than it had been in the past because I remembered the route!

20230520_125854

20230520_130013

20230520_130027
This is such a nice little park!

The San Jose Center for the performing arts is such a beautiful venue, and it was where I met Tori Amos for the first time in 2009!  

20230520_130220

20230520_130224

So excited! Just look at this cast board!
20230520_130521
Look at all these superstars!!!!

I ate a little and had a coffee before I left home, but I wanted to make sure I ate and hydrated.
20230520_130859
A sparkling water with lime and a very tasty chicken wrap!

20230520_132512

20230520_132551

So 1776! I have to say two things, because two truths can exist at the same time: the show itself is not very strong, but this is the best version of it you will ever see. It doesn't have enough songs, and a lot of what is wrong with the show cannot be fixed. However, this is the best version of it, and you will never hear a more beautifully sung version, nor a more interesting interpretation. I actually think it does what HAMILTON thought it was doing way better.

20230520_165913
I got to see Shawna after the show! I am so proud of you, Shawna, you are amazing!!!!!

There was some train drama, because I assumed I was not going to make the 5:15 train, BUT THEN, it was running late--BUT THEN it NEVER SHOWED UP, so I ended up taking the 6:12 train anyway!!!!

20230520_181354
Me from my little perch all by myself on this train.

I have mentioned this before, but I used to ride CalTrain all of the time when I worked in San Mateo. Now I just ride it for pleasure trips every once in a while, because it's SO EXPENSIVE. It's a proof of payment style train system, but I am actually kind of annoyed that no one comes to check the tickets? The last few times I have ridden CalTrain, not a single ticket taker has been seen. It's strange and surreal to see my old stomping grounds, and I do feel a pang in my heart when I pass certain stations.
20230520_190127

20230520_191011

20230520_190609
Reading Sailor Moon and going through past train stations was, in fact, a bad idea. 😭

I made it back to Millbrae to be picked up. I hadn't been to that part of the transit centre in a long time, and there is a whole ass mall and living complex here now???? And the place where you pick up on that side is now in the parking structure, underground, in a designated area! My mom didn't even bother with it, so I had to go back to the open air parking on the El Camino side of things.

20230520_192814

20230520_195148

It was still so foggy on the way home, that it was almost raining!

I remembered this weekend why I never go out--transit is so astronomically expensive and getting anywhere is exhausting. Make no mistake-- I am still so, so happy that I went, but, like, MAN, Bay Area, can you please get your transit shit in order? FUCK! If it had been last weekend, the trains weren't running at all because of their modernization project, and I wouldn't have even been able to go! NOT including the bus pass, BART was $4.40 and CalTrain was $15.95 for the round trip! (Clipper card rate the one way and the actual physical ticket because my card refused to reload, and not including the mistake-ticket I bought for $6.50πŸ™ˆ) I don't know how the trains are in other parts of the country, but I feel like there are fewer transit systems serving larger areas in other places. The other problem is that  the world still hasn't gotten quite back to pre-Covid levels, so you do spend a LOT of time by yourself (which is scary to me, and something I always want to be mindful of, especially since I accidently left my pepper spray at home on Saturday!!!!!!!!!!). Going out on a little adventure should not feel like a chore, nor should it feel unnerving! I am not helpless, and I know my way around, but like.... they COULD make it just a modicum easier, you know???????

I have a big 3-day weekend coming up and I am ready for three whole days to just decompress. I am planning an art drop in Japan Town, and finished the pieces up last night.

I have also been thinking about doing vlogs. I know I do micro vlogs on TikTok sometimes, and those are fun! I also think I would get a little overwhelmed doing larger scale ones, and also don't think I am particularly interesting. But my phone has 4k video, so why not?

The forecast this week has nothing about 63° , which is cozy cozy cozy and my fave.I know I had my entire week of outfits planned already, but this may have to be adjusted for the weather lol.

Comments